Wednesday 13 June, 2007

Update

13th June 2007, 1730 SMT (UTC+10 hrs). Location - Strait of Tsugaru Kaikyo, North of Honshu. It's been a hectic time since I've joined and I've got blisters on my feet. My whole body aches from all the physical exertion that I had become unused to over the past year. But I'm finally beginning to settle down and get the hang of things. Still haven't found the time to unpack, must really do so one of these days. Note to self - You've been wearing the same clothes for over a week pig! Afternoon watch was quite interesting. The strait of Tsugaru Kaikyo is approximately 10 miles wide and has a lot of fishing vessels and ferries. Was in a bit of a spot because I had about ten odd fishing boats crossing from the stbd bow and a bulk carrier coming down from right ahead. Anyway, it all sorted itself out and I earned my pay once more. From now on the traffic will get lesser and lesser until we reach Los Angeles. We've also been advancing the ship's clocks by one hour every night so everyone is running low on sleep. Time is a luxury, but I guess it is just as well. When you drop onto your bed, dead tired at the end of the day (or the beginning of the day, in my case), you just fall off to sleep without fretting about how much you're missing home.

2 comments:

satyajit said...

i dont like the idea of an hour slippping from under yr pillow every night..but, once you cross the Date Line, wouldn't you like gain an entire day? anyway, get busy living

Unknown said...

Isn't Honshu one of the Japanese islands? How the hell did you land up close to that?