Tuesday 5 June, 2007

Soldier Side

They were crying when their sons left
All young men must go
He's come so far to find the truth
He's never going home

- System of a Down

The last day and all the tears and last minute embraces interspersed with frenzied packing. The hollowness at the pit of my stomach that refuses to be filled no matter how much of the delicious 'going-away' food that Ava has made, I eat.

Partings are always sorrowful and leave you so empty. Two souls trying to cling on and telling each other that it's OK and that it's 'for the better, really'.

These next few months are going to be very trying for the both of us. Dealing with the loneliness, yet trying to work (and play) normally. My heart goes out to all the men and women that go away (be it the army, or the navy, or a foreign business posting) and the strong, silent partners that are left behind.

I'm feeling too miserable to continue writing. I think I'll turn to the inflight movie for some solace. Baby, I miss you.

1 comment:

Psyche said...

Baby.. Now you're making me cry.. I miss you too my love... God bless.. Come back home soon!