Sunday 29 July, 2007

2 Days to Longbeach

I know, I know, I haven't written in ages. All apologies. I was a bit busy with the new routes, charts, corrections, the radar performance monitor, and finally today one of the VHF DSCs also conked it. Besides, the constant advancing has been driving everyone balmy. People walking around in the middle of the night, complaining that they can't sleep. Chaos. Plus a major intrusion into my space and time. Hear ye, hear ye sea dogs of the Merlion! The night is the second mate's domain - for him to think greater thoughts about life and steer this vessel while ye sleep. So sleep as ye should and do not call up or come on bridge after the witching hours. It is NOT appreciated. Fortunately, I'm the only one unaffected by this constant advancing. That's because my work hours are so vague ass that I'm roaming around in a sleep deprived daze anyway. Aaaaaah Longbeach! Land of beautiful Californian goddessess in bikinis. Land of sunshine, sun lotion, movie stars, and USCG*. USCG!! THe sole damper to California dreaming. We're overdue for a USCG annual inspection and chances are they'll be boarding the ship in Longbeach. So bye bye beach parties. Though I really wanna go out abd buy some music if I get the time. Plus, pick up some magazines for the ship and some protein supplements for the Schwarzennegers-to-be. BTW if I got the spelling of the guy right, all credit to me, cause there's no way I can google for the right spelling here. Okie dokie. That's all folks. Do let me know if I got the spelling right.

*USCG - Google it u lazy bum.

No comments: